Safeguarding at Churchfield CE Primary Academy
Safeguarding is extremely important to us all at Churchfield C.E. Primary Academy. The purpose of our policy and procedures ensure that we:
- are committed – developing a robust culture of vigilance
- build resilience – raising awareness of safeguarding and child protection issues, and equipping children with the language and skills to keep themselves safe
- establish a safe environment – in which children can learn and develop within an ethos of openness and are taught to treat each other with respect, to feel safe, to have a voice and are listened to
- support vulnerable pupils – supporting pupils who have been abused, have witnessed violence towards others or may be vulnerable to abuse
- prevent unsuitable people – from working with children by ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with our children. And to maintain an active vigilance thereafter.
The child’s welfare is of paramount importance, we are a child centred academy.
We all have a statutory duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to maintain a professional attitude of it could happen here where safeguarding is concerned.
Our academy is committed to safeguarding children and promoting children’s welfare and expects all staff, governors, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment and maintain a vigilant and safe environment. Everyone has a responsibility to act without delay to protect children by reporting anything that might suggest a child is being abused or neglected. It is our willingness to work safely and challenge inappropriate behaviours that underpins this commitment. The academy seeks to work in partnership with families and other agencies to improve the outcomes for children who are vulnerable or in need.
Policies and Procedures relating to Safeguarding can be found on the Policies page and also from the links below:
The links below offer useful information to parents carers and children.